Thursday, September 20, 2007

Time for Fall!

September 20th, 2007
The world of blogging is new to me, but we found it a wonderful tool to communicate to others when we were in China. I’m going to try to blog on a more routine basis and suspect that many of my thoughts will revolve around being the mom of a high schooler, middle schooler and pre-toddler, though she’ll be toddling soon!

I have loved watching Maryn, my new daughter as she discovers her new world. She is very curious and has started exploring every nook and cranny of my house, including the small space next to my washing machine. The other day she got stuck behind one of my tables while chasing after a ball. I pulled her and the ball out…and wouldn’t you know, a few minutes later she was purposefully putting a ball back under the chair and then proceeded to crawl under to get it. Of course she was stuck again, this time she couldn’t even sit up! And of course I rescued her again.

As I was thinking about it later, I wondered how often I put myself (purposefully) in a jam and need God to rescue me. I’m so thankful for His faithfulness and for Him always being there for me, for all of us! I also wondered if I’ll ever learn not to put myself into jams…We are all a work in progress! I’m reminded of Philippians 1:6: “being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.:

No comments: