Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Yesterday was a wonderful day for me, one that I've looked forward to for 3 years. It was my first mother's day with Maryn. It was also the day we dedicated her. We were surrounded by our parents and wonderful church family. Rich surprised me with a video of Maryn saying "Happy Mommy Day!" It seems he had to work pretty hard to get the words out, then took some time editing, but one of the best mother's day gifts!

While it was wonderful for me, I talked to a friend who is a military mom whose husband was recently deployed to Iraq. Talking to her gave me perspective on just how blessed I am and how blessed we are as a country, for the men and women who serve in the military and the families they leave behind. Thank you ladies for your sacrifice! I pray that God will bless you and your families, especially those whose husbands are currently deployed!

No comments: