Tuesday, April 14, 2009

FINE

I read an interesting quote this morning in my devotional time. The author (Catherine Martin) spoke of our common response of "fine" when asked how we are doing. She then gave two acronyms for the word fine. The first is Freaked out, Insecure, Neurotic and Emotional. The second is achieved only with prayer: Faithful, Inspired, Nourished and Empowered. (Faithful to God, Inspired by Him, Nourished by the Word and Empowered by the Holy Spirit.)

I know that most often when I say I'm fine, it would be more accurate to describe myself with the freaked out, etc. version. Oh, how I wish that at least some of the time, the second acronym would be true. How about you?

1 comment:

Deanna said...

The "freaked out, insecure, neurotic and emotional" thing is also in the movie The Italian Job and where I first heard that phrase. I'd much rather be the second kind of FINE than the first. :-)