Saturday, January 8, 2011

It's About Time

"It's About Time" is our retreat theme for this year and I am constantly saying to myself "it's about time you..." The blank has been filled in many, many times and yet I haven't done many of the things that it's about time I do. Can anyone identify? Like take this blog for instance. It's about time I updated it. I suspect many stop looking at it because it is so outdated.

It's about time I go to be as it's going on 2 am and we have church in the morning, but I have a headache and have to send my oldest back to college tomorrow morning. Maybe if I stay up tomorrow won't come...but it already has. I'm actually dreading him leaving more this time than back in August when I was a college mom newbie.

It's about time my life settles back into a predictable routine, but that didn't really happen this week. My dad was hospitalized (he's home and doing well), my husband was away, I woke up to a very swollen, unexplainable swollen face. I'm sure if I could talk to you (though I do hope you are asleep) you would have your own list of things that were unpredictable this past week.

It's about time I get all the details lined up for our annual women's retreat the first weekend in March. I will be getting information out at the beginning of the week and please hold me to it! :)

What are your "it's about time" issues? I'd really be interested in knowing as I want our retreat to be as applicable as it can be. Many of you want to learn better time management skills. Take a minute and read through Ecclesiastes 3:1-8.

Post a comment answering this: "It's about time I..."




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Sherry,
My "Its about time..." is "Its about time to get back on board with what is important to me." It is so easy to push those things that are important to me aside to make what is important to those close to me happen. I then loose myself in what is other's goals and mine suffer.

Can't wait to see what other's post!
In Him,
Michelle :)

Unknown said...

Just read my post and saw some typos. Oh well! Sorry. :)
Michelle

lsdowning said...

Its about time that I finish some of the things I have started. I am really great at starting projects - it is just the follow through that causes me so much consternation. I can put a ton of effort into the beginning of a project, but long-term, I have difficulty going the distance.

Lisa
Please take a look at my newest project http://www.gardenlandscapeedging.com