Tuesday, October 23, 2007

"Appreciation" Worth Remembering

I know Hallmark has been blamed for inventing holidays or days of appreciation to drum up new business. You name it and there is a day set aside to appreciate it from Mother’s Day to Boss’ Day. Well, I don’t know if Hallmark can take credit for creating “Pastor Appreciation” but this is one worth remembering. October is Pastor Appreciation Month. I’d like to use this forum to personally thank Pastor Steve for all he faithfully does for LCC and for my family. He is someone we can call when in the emergency room, someone who has faithfully prayed for my family while we were in China and even came to visit us (despite the germs) when we arrived home with Maryn. I appreciate his faithfulness in studying and preaching God’s Word.

I appreciate Josh and all he does to lead us in Worship on Sunday mornings and I know he spends countless hours during the week preparing. He does many other “behind the scenes” work for our church and we wouldn’t be the same without him. I appreciate Jamie and his heart for our teens and though he has only been on staff for a short time he is impacting the lives of my boys. I also appreciate Kristie and her ministry to our children. She has a heart for our children and seeks to lay a firm foundation for our children’s faith.

We have been blessed with a wonderful staff at LCC, though not all “pastors” in title, they all minister and serve us along with many others. I appreciate the families of our staff and the sacrifices they make. If you have been blessed by our pastor and staff how about letting them know! Words of encouragement go a long way!

No comments: