Monday, June 30, 2008

Mudjacking

I've recently learned about a new profession...mudjacking. Our patio has settled over the years..5 inches in some places and was causing water problems in our basement with the heavy rains. It seems that the dirt around our foundation has shifted and settled which made the patio fall and in turn made the water run against the foundation and into the basement. The "mudjacker" drilled holes into the bricks then pumped a concrete mixture into the holes to fill all the empty spaces. Amazingly, the patio is back where it belongs and I'm waiting for the next rain to see if our water issues are solved - which they should be.

It got me thinking...we can have a strong foundation in our spiritual lives, but sometimes the dirt around us can settle and water or other influences can creep in and cause problems. Sometimes our lives need a bit of mudjacking - intentionally filling those spaces though with God's Word instead of mud. I know I've needed some mudjacking in my life, how about you?

No comments: