Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Sometimes you just have to laugh...

What do one (hopefully) potty trained toddler, a niece's wedding in Colorado, a stuffed suitcase - that did meet the 50 pound requirement, barely, on the way out, and a high maintenance mom have in common? That would be me! To keep with the commercial we all know and love, the priceless part was being able to be at the wedding and seeing Becca's bridesmaids gather around her in prayer right before she walked down the aisle!

I did get a lot of flack about all that I packed and I'm sure someone out there has to know what I went through and can identify. You may not want to admit it but...there is just so much one has to take! My boys would disagree, but you never know when you might be cold or when your toddler becomes un-potty trained, which has happened several times. Another necessity is a variety of food and play activities for said toddler, well and the high maintenance mom as well. Can I just say hair product and make up?

I can also report that the hopefully potty trained toddler did excellent with NO accidents so I didn't use all the articles I took "just in case." I did use almost everything else that I packed. I even suncreened the inside of my suitcase on our west bound trip...what? you say. I guess the lid came off and my full bottle of sunscreen was almost empty when I got there. Either I protected the inside of the suitcase or the TSA checker helped himself.

Anyway, the way I figure...it was only 10 pounds a day - that can't be that bad! Right?!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

That cool Sherry!
So your sunscreen didn't get all over your clothes and things?
Awesome job and a high five to that little toddler of yours.