Friday, November 2, 2007

Loving Well

In our current Bible study, Loving Well, we have been challenged in many ways. One (of many) thing I’m working through is allowing God to love on me, not through me, but to me. In session two Beth says “We will not love well until we feel well loved.” So, now I’m left wondering, how does God love on me or how do I know He’s loving on me? I think for me part of the problem is that I don’t acknowledge how God is showing me His love. I get so wrapped up in our schedule or my to do list and I fail to see the many small ways God is trying to show me. As I’ve been pondering this God has led me to two songs on Steven Curtis Chapman’s new CD. The first song is “You are Being Loved” and the second is “Definition of Me.” The words to these songs have stuck with me reminding me that I am being loved.

Then this morning I picked up the latest edition of Today’s Christian Woman (I’ve had the magazine for probably 6 weeks and I’m just getting to page 24), but anyway, the article I turned to was “God’s Tattoo: Evidence of God’s love is everywhere. But take a special look at his hands,” by Stephanie Voiland. You can probably view the article on line by going to their website www.todayschristianwoman.com. To be honest, I didn’t get to read the entire article (yet) but the author refers to a verse in Isaiah 49:16 which says, “See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands.” Just like a tattoo is permanent, our names are engraved in the palm of God’s hands. For me, today, this was further evidence of God’s love for me.

How is God showing His love to you? I’d love to hear about it!

No comments: