Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Rush Behind Giving Thanks

I've been thinking a lot about the upcoming holidays and got to wondering about how God orchestrated Thanksgiving before Christmas. I know the events are somewhat in the order of the calendar year, but somewhere along the way man decided when we'd celebrate these holidays. Anymore, Thanksgiving gets eclipsed by the busyness of Christmas and I've seen that happening in my thoughts this year. I'm a planner and love to decorate my home for each season so naturally I'm thinking about my to-do list which always is longer in December. Yet, I've also felt God tugging at my heart as if to tell me not to rush this season of Thanksgiving. I have far too much to be thankful for to skim the surface and move on to Christmas cards and decorations. What would my December be like if I lived each day as if it were Thanksgiving? I'm going to have to spend some time thinking on this...

No comments: