Friday, March 14, 2008

Harmony

Well, harmony has come to stay in our home, though not the harmony you may think. Those of you who have followed my blog, know that we've had some MAJOR issues with washing machines. It all started with a little, no really a lot of mold and FOUR machines later, I think we may have found the right one. I do reserve the right to change my mind and Best Buy gives me 30 days.

This matching washer and dryer are called the Harmony series made by GE. The washer communicates to the dryer to tell it what type of clothes have been washed and how to dry them. I still have to read the owners manuals for both machines, but it sounds interesting and is supposed to help save electricity.

I just have to draw some spiritual parallels here (perhaps this is why I've had to endure 5 months, numerous phone calls, 2 repair visits and 4 machines.) If you'll indulge me here...God is like my washer...He washes me clean by offering forgiveness. He desires to communicate with me...wants to tell me the best options, tell me the most efficient way to get things done. The Bible in this scenario is like my owners manual...it contains information on all the benefits and functions of the machines.

In the spin cycle of life, I have to stop and answer a few questions: Am I listening to God communicating with me? Have I taken the time to read through the owners manual to fully understand the benefits God has to offer me? I guess I'll have time to ponder these questions every time I'm in my laundry room. How about you?

1 comment:

Kristie said...

I am glad to hear you might finally have a washer and dryer!
I love your Harmony analogy.
In our study, the object I thought my life most looked like is a washer on spin cycle. Sometimes it gets just enough off-balance to get annoying but I don't want to take all the time and energy to fix it. To be in balance and stay there...now that is HARMONY.