Monday, March 3, 2008

The Small Things

As many of you who read this blog know, our annual women's retreat is this coming weekend. The two weeks leading up to the retreat seem to be the busiest. Those who know me well, know I love working out and planning all the little details, sometimes obsessively down to the height of the flowers in the vases. This year is unique for me as I have Maryn in the mix. There have been times when she doesn't want me to work on retreat things. Like the times she has sat on the blanket fabric so I couldn't line it up, or the times she tried to grab the scissors while I was cutting as she said "no" to me! She has walked around the house with flowers, gathered trash (that was meant to distract her) but this blog post is not supposed to be about Maryn, oops!

Today is a busy day for me and I wasn't sure how I would do everything, but in God's amazing provision, Maryn has slept until 10:30 which allowed me to get lots of things done and as I spent time in the Word and in prayer, God showed me how I can can accomplish my to-do list. This is just another example of God showing me His love for me and that He does really care about the little details in my life. So, since God cares about the little details, maybe it isn't so bad that I care about them too! I hope all who read this will have a blessed day and see God working in their lives. Gotta run, Maryn is calling and she's hungry!

No comments: