Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Cost of Honesty

I had an interesting experience yesterday. I was at Children's Place making a return and looking at their shoes that were on sale. I found a box that scanned at $2.99, but the shoes inside the box were not what the scanner said they should be. When I was checking out I asked about the price of the shoes. It turns out the box was re-used and the bar code not changed. The shoes in the box weren't on sale so I decided not to buy them.

I made my return and purchased a few other things. This morning when I was emptying the bag I realize the salesman put my returned items back in the bag. While some might see this as a windfall...their mistake, etc...I see this as an opportunity to be honest, even though it will cost me the time and gas to go back. I can't say I'm thrilled about having to go back to the store, but have to wonder how God may use this in the big picture of life.

2 comments:

Darcy's Mixed Media said...

Good choice.

Andrea Chevalier said...

I have done this before, and I have shiocked some people. At times, it has gven me opportunity to speak truth. You never know when God will use your actions to show His love to someone behind the counter, whether they admit it at the moment or not! Kuddos to you!

Andrea Chevalier
Reach For It! Ministries
www.andreachevalier.com