Monday, August 18, 2008

School Supplies


This is the time of year when we dutifully purchase our school supplies for the upcoming school year. The supply aisles at Walmart and Target are filled with parents carrying lists and children selecting their favorite notebooks and pencil cases. I enjoy looking for bargains, especially when you find colored pencils and markers for $0.88 and crayons for $0.22. It's also a great time to start making purchases for our Operation Christmas child project that will be coming in October and November. Every year we make a church goal to send a specific number of boxes through Samaritan's Purse's Operation Christmas Child. Please pray about participating this year and let me know the bargains you find! In these budget stretching times it's helpful to save wherever we can!

3 comments:

Kristie said...

Thanks for the reminder. I usually forget to stock up on sale items for the Christmas shoeboxes.

The Tate's said...

Yes, thanks! I forgot all about it. I will start stocking right away. I love doing this stuff.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.