Friday, August 29, 2008

Four Years Ago

Four years ago, our family left a large church looking for a place where we would fit in. We knew Pastor Steve from baseball. He had invited us several times and decided it was the time to check out this little church named LCC. We visited at the end of the summer and rest as is often said, is history. I can still remember the awkwardness of being knew, but also the sense that this church really cared about those who entered there doors. As the coordinator of Women's ministries, I strive to make others feel as welcomed as I felt. While I know I'm not perfect with this goal, it is still a worthy goal to have.

I also remember how hard it was for me to go to that very first women's ministry activity...I can still picture where we were, who I sat with and what we did (for those who would remember, it was the pottery painting activity and I sat with JoAnn Cerda.) And while it was difficult for me to step out of my comfort zone, it was probably one of the best things I could have done to get to know people.

Perhaps you are new to LCC or have never been to one of our women's ministry activities, if so, I encourage you to come to our Back to School Coffee. You don't have to be a mom or be in school to come. It's for ALL the LCC ladies! It's just a short 90 minutes and I can guarantee that you'll get to know someone new and that you'll also be thankful you came!

No comments: