Friday, January 9, 2009

Heavy Heart

Today my heart is heavy as I take two of my friends before the Lord. I ask that you would join me if God lays Kathy or Carol on your hearts as well. My friend Kathy had a double mastectomy on Friday for breast cancer. She home and healing well, but her journey with cancer and the reconstruction from her surgery will be with her for a long time to come.

My friend Carol is expecting her 6th child, but faces an extremely uncertain future. Because of the health of Carol and the anomalies of the baby, Carol is scheduled to have a C-section on Wednesday at 33 weeks. The doctors don't know how much time Carol and Jeff will have with their baby...none, hours, etc.

Both these ladies are strong in their faith and both attest to the power and presence of God as they have gone through their difficulties and uncertain future. Both have talked about how God has brought others into their lives to help comfort and encourage. As I was having my quiet time this morning I was reading in Exodus 33 and 34. The following verses really stood out to me. "Yahweh! The Lord! The God of compassion and mercy! I am slow to anger and filled with unfailing love and faithfulness. I lavish unfailing love to a thousand generations."

Are you going through any struggles or difficulties today? I'm still on the soggy journey of potty training and my house is rather messy. What I sense God impressing on my heart this morning is that just as He is faithful to Kathy and Carol in their very difficult circumstances, He is faithful to me with my seemingly minor things. And just as I've been praying for Kathy and Carol, I need to praying about potty training and a messy house.

Let's allow our great God to lavish His unfailing love on us today. Spend a few moments in prayer. And let's praise God for his faithfulness in our lives!

No comments: