Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Simplify Your LIfe

Several times a year I feel the need to simplify my life, my house, how I schedule things, etc. Marcia Ramsland has a book entitled "Simplify Your Life." There are many great books that give great time saving and organizing advice. Over the next several weeks I'll share with you some of the things that stood out to me as I read through this book.



"The people who are most successful in managing their time make appointments with themselves to complete tasks." Barbara Hemphill, Taming the Paper Tiger




This reminded me that I do have to work at maintaining organization - that it is a process or a journey, one that can be refined and improved, but never perfected this side of heaven. And, when we get to heaven, I don't think we'll care! So over the next few weeks I'm going to work at fine tuning my schedule, hopefully rid myself of some junk and simplify when I can. I know I'd rather spend time with my family creating memories than managing my stuff.




If you have any suggestions, add to the blog. Let me know if you're on the same journey, we can encourage each other!

No comments: