Thursday, August 13, 2009

Are you waiting?

We often find ourselves in times of waiting. Waiting for military orders to come, waiting for a child to be born, waiting for the kids to go back to school, waiting for your toddler to be potty trained, waiting to fall asleep, the list is endless. I remember a little over two years ago when I was waiting for Maryn's adoption referral. We waited for almost 2 years and it was so frustrating!

The question we need to ask ourselves is what are we supposed to do while we wait. We are told in scripture to "wait upon the Lord." I don't know about you, but I'm not the most patient person and I don't like waiting...even in a line at Walmart. I recently heard a song on the radio that you may be familiar with, but it was new to me. It is called "While I'm Waiting" by John Waller. It is from the movie Fireproof. It answers the question of what we should do while we're waiting.

Here's a link to the song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFwZ7Ekg080

Together, let's obey, serve and worship God in whatever circumstance we find ourselves in today.

No comments: