Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A New Recipe

I am typically one to see a magazine at the check out counter of the store, purchase it and then let it sit in one of my baskets until I get frustrated by the clutter and then I usually throw them away. Or, I may look through them, but rarely if ever try and new recipe. Well, aside from trying to limit these unnecessary purchases, I'm trying to use the magazines that I do have. I came across this recipe a few weeks ago, tried it out on my family this week and for the Feehs family it it a keeper. Give it a try and let me know what you think!

Brown 1 pound of ground beef, add salt and pepper to taste. Put in bottom of two quart casserole dish. Mix in a jar of spaghetti sauce (I didn't write the amount down). Top with broccoli (the recipe called for a 10 oz package of chopped frozen broccoli, but I had fresh and that worked well.) Then top with 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese and finally roll out a refrigerated pizza dough crust on top and seal the edges. Bake in 375 degree oven for 20 minutes or until dough is golden brown, let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Mine bubbled over in my oven so I'd recommend putting a baking sheet or something under your casserole dish. Enjoy!

No comments: