Friday, January 4, 2008

Waffle Recipe

I've been thinking about some more lighthearted topics for the blog and thought I'd share a recipe that my family enjoys.

Waffle Recipe

1 3/4 cup flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
2 eggs
1 3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup cooking oil

Mix flour and baking powder, then add the rest of the ingredients. Pour batter into waffle iron.

This is one of those recipes you can tweak to make it healthier without your family knowing. I use whole wheat flour (when I first started I used half regular flour and half whole wheat), canola oil (also healthier than vegetable oil) and I also add some wheat germ (you can find it in the cereal section of the grocery store.) When I make waffles, I double the recipe and make a bunch, wrap them individually and freeze them. When we want a waffle for breakfast we just heat it in the toaster.

No comments: