Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Attitudes of a Transformed Heart

Right about now, I'm a bit frustrated with all the little odds, ends and leftovers from the holidays. There always seems to be little bits and pieces of things that didn't fit in the box or were forgotten. I'd love a transformation of my living space, for everything to be organized with room to breathe. (Yes, I realize that I just need to get rid of some stuff!) I'm also thinking about those areas of my life that need some change like diet, exercise, keeping up with the household chores. Do I really have to start those resolutions today, or could I just start on Monday?

Many of these areas need transformation, but the area that needs it the most is my heart. I believe that when my heart is in the right place, all the other areas will work themselves out. That's why I'm excited about out upcoming ladies Bible study. We'll be working through the book "Attitudes of a Transformed Heart," by Martha Peace. In Part One we'll be looking at "Attitudes about God." In Part Two we'll be studying "Attitudes and Scripture." My initial thought about this topic is "this will be so great for me to use with my boys!" I'm sure God is having a little giggle with my arrogance, knowing what I need to learn in this section. Part Three discussed "Attitudes of the Heart."

The study is starting this coming Monday, January 7th at the home of Darcy Sanders and will be led by Kelly McBride. The group will meet weekly on Monday evenings from 7-8:30 and there is no cost. Childcare will not be provided. The only thing I need is to know who is interested in attending so I can have enough books available.

No comments: