Friday, December 28, 2007

Notes to self

I keep a Christmas journal to document how we celebrated each year. I also include a list of things I would like to do different next year. (Now, if I could just remember to read it around Thanksgiving, it would be really helpful!)

Here's a few notes for next year:
- use placecards for seating at Christmas dinner...it will avoid confusion
- start Christmas letter sooner...if you read my journal you'd see that this is there every year!
- focus on the real meaning of Christmas...I was reading a book by Karen Kingsbury and in the preface she says that she is "struck bye the way in which we hustle through the season. Searching for bargains, desperate for the right gift at the right price, and often so busy we barely notice the tinny refrains of "Silent Night" announcing over the store's P.A. system that all is calm, all is bright." I have to admit that this is a fair description of me this year as I struggled to get everything pulled together.
- keep trying but remember that it will never be perfect!

No comments: