Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Frustration, not inspiration...

I should have known that when I ripped my jeans "stretching" them when I put them on this morning that it was an indicator of things to come. Actually my morning went very well..vet appointment and running errands. Maryn and I shared Arby's for lunch. She had a blast looking at all the books at Borders. I think it was her first time there...so many books, so little time.

The problems resurfaced later in the afternoon as I went to the freezer to get some salmon for dinner. I actually had a plan and a healthy on at that! Imagine my surprise when there was no salmon. Dinner needed to be on the table quick so I found some sausage and decided I'd brush up on pancake flipping skills for the upcoming pancake breakfast.

Maryn pulled her chair up to the counter to help. She started washing dishes but decided stirring pancake batter would be much more fun, so she stirred away while I cooked the sausage. She was doing a great job, only sticking her fingers in the batter on occasion until I realized she grabbed the pot scrubber to assist her stirring. Only God knows the last time I ran it through the dishwasher to sanitize it! I did opt for the photo op...I'll have to post a picture when I download, excuse me, when Rich downloads the pictures. It was a manageable photo op until Maryn decided to show me the stirrer, and drip pancake batter all over the chair, counter, floor, herself, etc.!

Up until this point I was really doing fine. I stopped, cleaned up Maryn, ran to school to pick up Josh and returned home to re-make the pancake batter, without help this time. I got everything going, the boys were helping me and we discovered we had very little syrup...URGHHHH! I reached peak frustration levels as I started sneezing uncontrollably, while messing up many of the pancakes.

Oh, I forgot to mention that during this wild time, Winston (the puppy) was shredding paper all over so now I need to vacuum, well I needed to anyway, but now I really NEED to. So, if you need any documents shredded, I have the shred-o-matic puppy. I decided to call it a day and put on my pj's, yes at 7 pm. Definitely not an inspirational day, can anyone relate?

By the way, I do need volunteers to help make pancakes and sausage at home the morning of the pancake breakfast at church on October 5. Let me know if you can help!

No comments: