Wednesday, September 10, 2008

God's Call

I just started reading a book that has been on my shelves for a while...it seems like this is my pattern, buy a book, find a place for it on my shelf and then eventually pick it up and read it, well read most of it. Anyway, this book is called "Leading Women to the Heart of God: Creating a Dynamic Women's Ministry", edited by Lysa Terkeurst. Many leading ladies in women's ministries contributed to this. I am always looking for new ideas or ways to keep the "life" in our women's ministry at LCC.

I think as women we all feel overwhelmed at times and question our ability to perform a certain role. I know I do. In the introduction of the book a phrase by Lysa Terkeurst stood out to me. "We need to stop wondering if we really have what it takes to be a leader and realize God doesn't call the qualified; He qualifies the called."

The fall is often the season when as churches we resume classes, lifegroups and revisit the staffing needs to make these happen. So instead of sprinting into the bathroom when you see one of the church leaders coming your way, perhaps it would be better to remember that God qualifies the called, and we are all called to do something in the church.

I hope to have some other fresh ideas for women's ministries as I read through this book, but in the meantime, if you have any ideas, I'd love to hear from you!

No comments: